Sunday, September 26, 2010

100 Day – Making Milestones and Master Lists

So it is day 6 of the 100 Day challenge, and things are going well. : )

Basically yesterday and today were devoted to making lists of tasks. Yesterday I was planning backward. If my goal is to be making $200 a day from my writing by Jan. 1st, 2011, what do I need to accomplish between now and then, and when do I need to accomplish it by?

Obviously this is somewhat fluid, since things don't always go according to plan and I might be changing these milestones. But here are a few I tossed out there:

Sept. 30th: Finish package of 15 self-hypnosis PLR articles and put them up for sale.

Oct. 5th: Finish E-bay PLR articles and put them up for sale.

Oct. 10th: Finish Online Dating PLR E-book, do the obvious with it. : )

By the middle of October, have a HostGator plan and at least a basic website up for selling PLR off of.

By the end of October have some Craigslist Ads up for my PLR, and post a few articles on Ezine regarding the benefits of PLR products.

Like I said, these are just basic ideas. I'm sure each day as I get things done I will gain a better idea of how long these things take me, what is realistic, and what will actually get me to my goal in time. So these milestones will change, shift, and probably be replaced entirely sometimes.

So then we come to the Master Task List. Since I write full-time and have so many things to write, instead of writing down the name of each article on the task list, I have made tasks that are slightly more generalized. For example:

Write one PLR article.

Write 400 words in a e-book.

Obviously I have more than this, but those are the important ones. In order to stay focused enough to actually make progress, I choose one package of articles to spend my time on, or one e-book. But this way my tasks are very simple, can be applied at any time, yet are focused enough that I will actually make a lot of progress.

In the coming days I know I will add lots more milestones and tasks to my lists, because these things never all come to mind in one sitting. (But I don't want to spend a ton of time in a couple days making lists and not writing!) : )

No comments: