Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The 100 Day Challenge – We Begin

So I have been getting Angela Booth's writing Ezine for a little while now, and have bought some of her products. I am 24 weeks into her SYWON program, have bought "Ace the Outsourcing Sites," "PLR Magic," and her "Write a Book Collection." While I haven't put each and every bit of information to use, I have learned something from her every week that I can apply to my life. Many things have been brought into focus for me, including what I really want to do with my writing life, and what some of my biggest problems are as a writer.

Since she has never led me astray since I was introduced to her site, when she mentioned a 100 Day Challenge that was FREE for her writers, I leaped at the opportunity to join!

So here I am. And to keep myself accountable as well as maybe share some insights with anyone who cares to read my ramblings, I'm blogging about it all. No idea how often I'll add a new post, but I'll be sure to make it at least once a week. Probably more.

Anyway, the first order of business is to set goals. We're supposed to write down 5 goals that we would like to achieve in the next 100 days. I did that in my writing journal, but a couple of them are rather private. So here is my main one:

GOAL: To Make $200 a Day From My Writing by January 1st, 2011

This goal is very important to me for many, many reasons. It would change my entire life. My husband and I would no longer have to stress over our bills. We could move wherever we wanted to (Idaho is nice, but I'm itching to get back to Utah.) Everything would be ok if my husband lost his job, which in this economy is a very real hazard. He could come home and work on his home based business. And I would never again have to write anything I didn't want to!

There it is. Like I said, I have the others written down, but this is the one that needs the most focus, and this is going to be the most difficult to achieve, so I want all the attention on this goal. That way I can't make excuses about missing it because of the others. : )

Just so it's clear, I plan to make this money primarily with PLR content. I'm really tired of writing what other people want me to, just because my schedule is so strange. I want to write what I want, when I want, and make a whole lot of residual income.

No comments: