Friday, September 24, 2010

100 Day – The Card

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me!!! (Yesterday. That's why I didn't post.) ; )

Ok, it is now day 4 of the challenge, so I've got some things to write about. I'm actually going to break today's posting into a few different sections according to what I'm writing about since there's so much to cover. That was it's a little less confusing.

So the assignment of the second day was very simple. It was to write down an affirmation regarding my main goal on an index card and prop it up next to my computer. Here is what I wrote:

"On January 1st, 2011, I have achieved making $200 a day residually from PLR and E-Books. I love writing. Every day it is fun and exhilarating to sit at my desk and be creative. My writing is my passion and my sanctuary. I look forward to a productive year."

Yes, I wrote it on a big card, taking up two lines at a time, and propped it on my desk lamp. As soon as I can find a bright purple card and a black marker I'll rewrite it so it's really hard to miss! ; )

But even as-is, it is impossible to miss. Every time I reach for my lamp, touch my mouse, or go for for the glass of tea that is normally sitting by the lamp, I have to look at that card. Whether or not I take a couple seconds and actually read the whole thing, I know that affirmation is becoming embedded in my mind. It is directing my subconscious in that direction, which will make it much easier for me to achieve that goal.

Funny that my big project right now is writing a package of self-hypnosis PLR articles and talk about that a lot in them. : D

-- Lindsey Rainwater

No comments: